Check out what I made from yesterday’s left-overs. I made chicken fajitas last night and decided that, for lunch, I didn’t want to eat the left-overs wrapped in a tortilla. Instead, I placed the meat and veggies over lettuce and tomato, used salsa as the dressing and voila! A healthy, low-fat and super nutritious lunch was served.
Here’s how I made yesterday’s fajitas.
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins cut into cubes
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 orange, yellow or red bell pepper sliced
- garlic powder
- Sazon Goya Complete Latin Seasoning Mix with Saffron
- cayenne pepper
- olive oil
Suggested garnish ingredients:
- 2% milk cheese (Mexican blend)
- low fat sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- whole wheat soft tortillas
- heat a drizzle of olive oil in large skillet and toss onions and peppers along with desired amount of seasoning until veggies are slightly tender and are a bit charred.
- transfer to a plate
- using same skillet, heat up another drizzle of oil and cook the cubed chicken tenderloins with desired amount of seasoning
- throw both veggies and chicken together in skillet and heat through
Serve family style. Let everyone fill their whole wheat tortillas as they wish with chicken/veggie mixture and garnishes.